22 March 2014

Big Hops Growler Station

I hadn't been to San Antonio for a while, and after being sick Friday and Saturday, I needed out of the house. I called my nephew and arranged for a meet up. We'd both wanted to check out Big Hops Growler Station on Huebner for a while.

I don't know what I was expecting, but I thought the place was a little small. There is a patio, but it was a bit too chilly for that. Since it was at noon, there were only a few people in the place.

The tap selection was pretty good: about thirty taps, and about a quarter of them were local or Texas beers. Branch Line Evil Owl, Ranger Creek La Bestia Amiable, Real Ale's Brewers Cut California Common and Phoenix, (512) Milk Stout and Rogness DIPA. There were several IPAs and a couple more DIPAs. Stone, Lagunita and Dog Fish Head were also on tap. I finally got to try Real Ale's Hefeweiss. It was good, but I still prefer the one from Pedernales Brewing.

We shared a couple of beers before heading across Huebner to Flying Saucer to meet the rest of his family for lunch.

I texted Satan about the place, and it's proximity to Busted Sandal Brewery and Spec's. He deemed the area "Mecca."


Labels:


posted by hiikeeba at 08:00

1 Comments:

Anonymous KgReciPes said...

Lovely Drinks....

12:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home