12 March 2014

Bridgeport Trilogy 1 Crystal Dry-Hopped Pale Ale

Sometimes it's pretty cool to have this blog.

Last month, I got an email from the fine folks at Bridgeport Brewing Company in Portland, Oregon. They wanted to share the first of their 30th anniversary brews with me.

Appearance (0-3): Pours up a hazy golden color with an white head that quickly falls to a this layer of bubbles on the surface. 2 points.

Aroma (0-4): Starts with malt sweetness, then is replaced with a floral, tart hop aroma. 3 points

Taste (0-10): Subtle malt flavor, but the floral, spicy hops quickly come through. Good carbonation and mouthfeel. Finishes a bit tart with some floral notes at the back of my throat.

Overall Impression (0-3): I've never had Crystal hops before, so I can't say this was a familiar flavor. The floral notes take some getting used to. But I like the beer. I might have to go to Oregon for an extended pub crawl. 2 points

Labels:


posted by hiikeeba at 08:00

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home