28 October 2011

Jester King and TABC questions

I am not a lawyer, nor do I play one on TV, so I have questions about the recent announcement that Jester King will be suing TABC over the Alcoholic Beverage code.

Before I begin, I support Jester King's goal.  I just question their choice of targets.

Since TABC is a law enforcement agency, they do not write the laws they enforce. So isn't this a bit like Al Capone suing Elliot Ness for Prohibition?

I posed the same question at Lee Nichol's I Love Beer Blog, and he said it would prevent TABC from enforcing the current laws.

That's all well and good until the next Legislative session in 2013 when WBDT has their employees in the legislature write new laws which will start the whole thing all over again. Right?

Is it really as simple as to make TABC stop enforcing those particular laws?

posted by hiikeeba at 11:01

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home