28 August 2010

Cooking with Shiner Bock

On my trip to Minneapolis, we stopped a Kramarczuk's Meat Market and pick up some fresh brats for a friend who was raised there. I picked up a link of linguisa, or Spanish chorizo. I had seen Emeril Legasse use it, and thought I would give it a try. Here's how I used it.

Shiner Bock Black Beans

Ingredients
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1/2 pound dried Spanish chorizo sausage, quartered and sliced
2 cups chopped onions
1 small chili pepper, finely minced
salt
freshly ground black pepper
2 tablespoons chopped garlic
1 pound dried black beans
8 cups chicken stock
2 bottles Shiner Bock

In a large saucepan, over medium heat, add the oil. When the oil is hot add the sausage and brown for 2 minutes. Add the onions and peppers. Season with salt and pepper. Saute for 3 to 4 minutes or until the vegetables are wilted. Stir in the garlic and black beans. Saute for 1 minute. Add the stock and beer. Bring the liquid to a boil, reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer until the beans are creamy and tender, about 2 1/2 hours, stirring occasionally. Reseason with salt and pepper and serve.

I served this with cornbread muffins, and it was a good meal. I have to admit that the linguisa was a bit disappointing. It was bland. I should have used the local smoked sausage, which I grew up on.

Labels:


posted by hiikeeba at 11:23

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home