02 April 2009

Bottling Day!

I generally keg my beer. But it makes it hard to share. And hard to save. Since you can't see the level of the beer inside the keg, I never know when I will run out until the tap spits at me.

I promised some Donn's Famous Horse Cram It In Brown Ale to my Uncle Donn and Cousin Steve. So I bottled a case. A sixer for them, a sixer for Satan, and 12 for the competitions this summer.

The Dirktastic is so awesome that I am in danger of running out, and Satan has asked for a six pack. But I ran out because I have been hitting it pretty hard.

I also have the black barley wine in a keg at the back of the fridge. I need to bottle all of that and take a case to Satan for long term storage. He doesn't drink quite as much as I do, so keeping a case in Midland will give the beer time to age. I already have a case of Aud's No Scufflin' Ale 1 in his pantry under the stairs. Unfortunately, the black barley wine hadn't carbonated, so back into the cooler it went with a CO2 line attached.

That will leave me with a partial keg of the last wheat porter that is a bit too bitter. And the Kölsch I Said So needs to age a few weeks before serving. THe only other homebrew is a few bottles of Brother Spuds that Satan and I put down. Ten bottles of Aud's No Scufflin' Ale, and a couple dozen bombers of the butterscotch flavored Colonial Small Ale. More on that later.


posted by hiikeeba at 08:27

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home