06 May 2008

Peppercorn Rye-Bock Score

The Peppercorn Rye-Bock got an average score of 27.5 out of 50 from the Bluebonnet Brew-off judges. Neither judge thought the Rye-Bock was a bock, and they weren't too sure about the rye part of it either. One said the hops were well balanced, the other said the hops were low.

So I think I need to either rename the Rye-Bock or make it more Bock like, and I probably need to up the rye. This batch and the batch that went to Nationals was brewed in November of 2008. So the NHC feedback will be even more important in figuring out how to improve.

Labels: ,


posted by hiikeeba at 10:02

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

did...did you travel to the future?

5:42 AM  
Blogger hiikeeba said...

I guess I did! EDIT: 2007.

Thank you. Nothing to see here. Move along.

7:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home