10 August 2007

Eola School and Lodge - Eola, Texas

My cousin, affectionately referred to here as Satan 'cause he's the devil, has longed dreamed of opening a brewpub in San Angelo, somewhere downtown, along the Concho River. I think it's about time that a brewpub opens in West Texas.

But, he too late.

According to BeerAdvocate.com, there's one in Eola, Texas. Eola is a small farming community a few miles east of San Angelo, south of Paint Rock. The school in Eola closed twenty years ago and sat vacant until James "Mark" Cannon purchased it a couple of years ago. He is the only employee. He's brewer, chef, waiter, and janitor.

According to Steve's Soapbox, the beer costs $2 a pint, and $16 for a growler, and $10 for the refill of said growler. And Mark is open 11 a.m. to 9 p.m. Mondays through Saturdays, 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. on Sundays.

I'm going to Midland in a couple of weeks to visit Satan. Sounds like I have need to stop by.

Labels:


posted by hiikeeba at 19:52

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow. I remember hearing about this place last summer. I really hope that guy is doing plenty of business out there!

8:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home