26 June 2007

National Homebrewers Conference, Denver - Day One

We registered for the conference at 8 am, and found ourselves with five hours to kill. We drove downtown and found the capitol building, Coors field, Mile High Stadium and Wyncoop Brewery. We returned to the hotel and went down to the hospitality room and began sampling beer.

We sampled from 11 am until 1 pm, when the opening toast began. Then we went off to the first session.

The first session was the one that I wanted to attend the most: "Brewing Sour Beers at Home Using Traditional and Alternative Methods" by Vinnie Cilurza of Russian River Brewing Company. Vinnie brews beers in the Belgian style. I was hoping the talk would help me with my Kentucky Common beer, and I did. Not as much as I'd hoped though.

Satan and I skipped the second session, and had dinner in The Lodge, had a couple more beers. At 7 pm, we went down to the Grand Ballroom for Pro Brewers Night. Breweries from all over Colorado were there pouring free beer!

Labels:


posted by hiikeeba at 16:39

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home