06 June 2007

Kentucky Common tasting notes

Despite a disappointing screw-up with the grains, the Kentucky Common 3.0 tastes pretty good.

Kentucky Common 3.0


Appearance (0-4): Black. Not apparent highlights. But it looks clear, if you know what I mean. 3 points
Aroma/Bouquet (0-4): Roasted coffee notes. Hint of sourness in beer. (Whee!) No hop aroma detected. 2 points
Taste: Hop/Malt Balance (0-4): Very low hop bitterness, accented by sour flavor. 3 points
Aftertaste (0-3): Sour, from Belgian yeast, on back of tongue. A bit of coffee-like roast malt finish, with a lingering hop taste. 2 points
Mouthfeel (0-3): I think it's perfect. I was aiming for a lower alcohol beer with some flavor. 3 points
Overall Impression (0-3): For a low alcohol beer, this has some intense flavor. It's what I was hoping for, even with the low alcohol (2.6% ABV) so I'm rating it high. 2 points
Total: 15 points

Labels:


posted by hiikeeba at 08:11

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home