10 June 2007

Wit Willie Tasting Notes

My cousin, Satan (as in "Get thee behind me. . ."), brought me a few bottles of his wit beer, Wit Wille. He handed me one and said, "Don't even try to pour it in a glass." It's incredibly over carbonated. But it's okay.

Since I know he's dieing to know what I think:

Wit Willie Belgian Wheat


Appearance (0-3): Plae gold with a thick, I say, thick creamy head that lasts forever! Slightly hazy as befits the style. 3 points.
Aroma/Bouquet (0-4): Yeast aroma dominates. A hint of citrus. Could it be the hops? No trace of spice that Satan swore was in there. 2 points.
Taste: Hop/Malt Balance (0-4): Crisp. Slightly sweet malt flavor. Leafy hops flavor in the background. But mostly it's. . .wet. 2 points.
Aftertaste (0-3): A faint piney, citrusy finish. Very subtle. Me like! 3 points.
Mouthfeel (0-3): Full-bodied. But highly over carbonated! The bubbles sting my tongue. 1 point. (Sorry, T)
Overall Impression (0-3): No spice or orange flavor. Too carbonated. Still drinkable. 2 point.
Total: 13 points

Satan is crying in his beer now, folks. But I have to admit, I like the beer. The score is low because of the carbonation problem. The lack of spice and orange flavor is troublesome, but this is a really drinkable beer.

Labels:


posted by hiikeeba at 08:42

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home