24 April 2007

Real Ale Brewhouse Brown Ale Clone

A couple of months ago, Brew Your Own Magazine ran a clone article on Real Ale Brewing's Brown Ale. When my Uncle Donn visits from Virginia, I have to have a case in the fridge for him. Since BYO doesn't have the recipe online, I will reprint it here:

Real Ale Brewing Company Brewhouse Brown Ale
3 pounds light liquid malt extract
2.25 pounds Light DME
1.25 pounds Crystal 60L
.63 pounds Vienna Malt
1/2 pound chocolate malt
3/4 oz Wye Target 11%AAU/60 min
1/4 oz Willamette 5%AAU/10 min
Wyeast 1098 British Ale
Steep crushed grains in 3 gallons of water at 155F for 30 minutes. Sparge, add extracts and boil.

I brewed it on Easter Sunday. I kegged it on the 15th. And it tasted nice! It will go into the fridge this Sunday, and I will probably wait until it gets cold before I dive into it.

Labels:


posted by hiikeeba at 15:00

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home