12 April 2007

Brother Spud's Oatmeal Stout Review

The other day, my cousin Satan (as in "Get Thee Behind Me. . .") sent me three bottles of Brother Spud's Oatmeal Stout and a bottle of Samuel Smith's Oatmeal Stout. I sampled the commercial example first and gave it 18 points. Here is how I rated His attempt.

Brother Spud's Oatmeal Stout
Appearance (0-3): Black as ink. No light shines through, impossible to tell if there are highlights. Small brown head that dissipates quickly. 2 points.
Aroma/Bouquet (0-4): Malty sweetness with a hint of roasted malts. No hop aroma. 3 points.
Taste: Hop/Malt balance: Smooth malts on beginning, no hops detected. 3 points
Aftertaste (0-3): Sweet finish with roasted malts on the back of the tongue. Too sweet? 3 points
Mouthfeel (0-3): Light carbonation. Full mouthfeel, creamy and silky. Yum. 3 points
Overall Impression (0-3): I've said it before. I like stout. I like this stout. It's a bit too sweet and I would have liked a bigger head. But I would still drink it! 2 points
Total: 16 points

It's a damn fine beer, just a little sweet. Bravo, Cuz.

Labels:


posted by hiikeeba at 08:10

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home