04 April 2007

Samuel Smith Oatmeal Stout

My cousin seent me a couple of bottles of Brother Spud's Oatmeal Stout. To adequately judge his effort, he sent me a bottle of Samuel Smith Oatmeal Stout.

Samuel Smith Oatmeal Stout
Appearance (0-3): Dark black with ruby highlights. Tan, creamy head. 3 points
Aroma/Bouquet (0-40): Malty. Do I smell oatmeal or am I imagining it? No hop aroma. 3 points
Taste: Hop/Malt balance (0-4): Smooth and silky. A hint of hops, but roasted malts dominate. 3 points
Aftertaste (0-3): roasted malt finish, a little sweetness on the tongue. 3 points.
Mouthfeeel (0-3): Creamy and thick. 3 points.
Overall Impression (0-3): I like stout. This is a really good stout. Mild, smooth and creamy. 3 points.
Total: 18 points.

Labels:


posted by hiikeeba at 15:51

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home