10 September 2012

Seeley Axe White Ale - Tasting notes

I recently brewed Seeley Axe White Ale, and after a couple of weeks in the keg, I thought I'd try it out.

Sure, it's probably young, but so far I like it.

Appearance (0-3): Pours up slightly hazy with thin, quickly fading head.  1 point

Aroma/Bouquet (0-4): A hint of spice and some hop notes. 2 points

Taste (0-10): Starts off with a hint of malt, and finishes bitter on the back of my tongue. Sorghum does have a spicy note, I've read, so it may be that. Lightly carbonated (as I expected after a week or so on CO2), medium bodied. I'm not picking up much of the spice, or orange peel. I'll check back on this regularly.  It probably will be perfect a week after I drink it all. 6 points

Overall Impression (0-3): I like it. I'll probably cut back on the hops a bit, and then use grapefruit peel instead of dried orange peel. But I am brewing this again. It's a quick brew day, and the turnaround time is good, too. 2 points

Total: 11 points

If you want to try out the recipe, the only place I found that had light sorghum extract and brown rice syrup was High Gravity Homebrewing and Winemaking Supplies. I didn't want to order on ingredient from one source and another from another.

Labels:


posted by hiikeeba at 08:00

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home