08 June 2012

Sratchin' Hippo Beer Review

I originally encountered this beer at the Big Texas Beer Fest back in April. Satan's friend in Midland sent this to me, along with a couple other Adelbert's Brewery beers. I drank the Golden Ale with Satan and didn't record my thoughts. On this occasion, I made the time to review the beer.


Appearance (0-3): Pours up a hazy orange/amber with a dense, rocky, tan head that lasts forever. 3 points


Aroma (0-4): Faint malty aroma. 2 points


Taste (0-10): Starts off slightly sweet *malt and some caramel), with some spice notes and a hint of hop bitterness. High carbonation. (High enough that when I loosened the cork cage, the cork popped out with a bang!) Medium high mouthfeel. 8 points


Overall Impression (0-3):  Well, abiding to my rule about local availability, I give this a zero. Having said that, if this were available in the local market, I would have given this a 3, making it an 18 point beer. 0 points


Total: 15 points

Labels: , ,


posted by hiikeeba at 09:00

1 Comments:

Anonymous Andy Steven said...

Hearty flavorful reddish orange beer with natural spices, clean hops, and a dry finish. Goes well with chicken, rich fish dishes, camembert, and brie. very informative in a good way hope you will continue hitting us with great stuff.
Large dinner parties

4:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home