20 December 2011

Donn's Famous Horse Cram It In - Tasting Notes

I've told the story behind the name of this beer before.  You can read it here. It's a nice mild brown ale that I can't quite seem to master.

On a chilly, dreary day last week, I decided to tap the latest batch and see how it turned out.

Appearance (0-3): Pours up a nice, clear brown with ruby highlights. Small tan head that disappears quickly. 2 points.


Aroma/Bouquet (0-4): Very faint aroma at first, but as I grew used to it, I could smell something that smelled of chocolate, some dark fruit and . . .something odd.  I've been trying to place the aroma, but can't. I don't think it's supposed to smell that way, though. 2 points


Taste (0-10): Starts off with subtly as the flavor hits the sides of the tongue, leaving a slight chocolate; some sharp bitterness on the back of the tongue, and some fruity flavors that I can't identify. Low carbonation, and slightly thin.  5 points

Overall Impression (0-3): Again, the beer eludes me.  It's okay, but not great.  It hovers just below good. Maybe with more carbonation it will get better. 1 point.

Total: 10 points

Labels:


posted by hiikeeba at 06:52

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home