Real Ale Beer Dinner in Brownwood - March 11
The Turtle Restaurant and Enoteca, 514 Center Avemue, Brownwood, Texas (325-646-8200), recently received an Award from Wine Enthusiast Magazine for it's wine list. However few people know that they serve great craft beers as well. The Turtle Restaurant invites everyone to discover the joys of of understanding how Real Ale Beer is made and who makes it at our first paired beer dinner with Real Ale Brewing Company from Blanco, Texas.
Cost $35.00 per person. Reservations can be made online or by phone . The Date is Thursday, March 11, 2010 at 7:00 pm.
- First course: Turtle made chubby pretzels with Fireman's #4 beer mustard paired with Fireman's #4 Beer
- Second Course: Choice of Shrimp Beignet with hop pesto, fried lemon garnish OR Leeks and Spinach Fritatta Wedge with fried lemon garnish paired with Rio Blanco Pale Ale
- Third Course: Choice of Lamb Provencal Terrine, Smoked Raisin Mustard, Hearth-baked Crackers, Fried Pickle OR Rice and Eggplant Timbale paired with Full Moon Rye Pale Ale
- Fourth Course: Choice of Shepherd's Pie - tender chunks of steak, with celery and onion in a hearty Brewhouse Brown ale gravy, topped with pepperjack and sour cream mashed potatoes and Veldhuisen Redneck Cheddar OR Shepherd's Pie with chunks of portabella mushrooms and onions in Brewhouse Brown Ale gravy, topped with the same decadent potato topping as the meat version paired with Brewhouse Brown Ale (but of course!)
- Fifth Course: Coffee Porter gelato topped with crushed malted milk balls.
You will be quite full and warm and happy all over by the end of the evening.
Trust me on this: If you live anywhere near Brownwood, GO TO THIS DINNER! The folks at Real Ale make amazing beer. If I can get Satan to go with me, I'll take a couple of vacation days to check this out.
posted by Jeff Holt at 20:59