20 May 2009

Paint Rock (formerly Flatonia) Bock Bluebonnet Scores

The Bluebonnet Brew-off judges pretty much agreed with me that I blew this beer. I scored a 28.5. That's not a bad beer. Just not very good.

And for the record, BJCP judge "Just Dave" has the best score sheet! In the non-subjective areas, he broke the score down point by point. What a great idea! Thanks, Just Dave!

Both judges noted the roastiness, and graded it as a flaw. Bot agreed it was a nice beer, but out of style. The other judge scored it a bit lower, saying it was too bitter. I expect that was the roast, but don't know for sure. The second judge also noted a metallic aftertaste.

I don't disagree. I was hoping for a clone of Shiner Bock. But, if I were making this as a pro, I'd probably be happy with it.

Labels:


posted by hiikeeba at 03:31

1 Comments:

Blogger assurbanipaul said...

Just Dave is a judging machine. He's a walking BJCPedia.

11:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home