30 April 2009

Midland Brew Day

In anticipation of advancing to the second round of Nationals, and because we needed more Wit Willy and hefeweiss, I headed out to Midland over the past weekend to brew with Satan.

Before I left, I quickly bottled some Kölsch I Said So and some Abbey Wiezen 2. I also took some Dirktastic, but it wasn't quite ready. Since Satan had to work till 5 or 6, I stopped by Eola brewpub for a beer.

Mark had what he called a light lager on tap that was pretty good, and his Irish Red Ale was drinkable, but not too cloying.

After a quick lunch, I headed off to Midland. The Wit Willy brew day went stunningly well. That's two stress free brew days in a row. Something has to be on the horizon! That evening, we sampled my beers. Satan liked them all, even the uncarbonated Dirktastic. But we were both astounded by the Abbey Wiezen. Since kegging it had deepened in flavor. It was a big malty brew, with tropical fruit and raisin notes. Satan made me swear to bottle some of this stuff and save it. And I will. As soon as I do a proper review here!


posted by hiikeeba at 07:13

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home