12 April 2009

AAIIIIEEEEEEE!

I've just made a horrible discovery: I am down to a quarter keg of Wheat Porter! I have a few bottles of barley wine set aside, a few Brother Spuds, and some nasty ass Colonial Small Ale (too much butterscotch, otherwise it's okay). I need to brew!

So I ramped up and rebrewed Dirktastic and I brewed Abbey Wiezen 2 on the same weekend. I ordered ingredients for two more recipes to brew: Bugeater's Rye Cream Ale and Kinda Bruery Saison, which I will brew on May 3 and 4. I'd brew next weekend but I got a Jimmy Buffett concert to attend!

That should get me--by the end of the month: a Kölsch, and Dirktastic in kegs and almost ready to drink; with a barley wine in secondary, a black barley wine in bottles for a year long aging in the cooler, Abbey Wiezen aging for next month.

I'm still not out of the woods, though. I might have to by commercial beer to get me through!


posted by hiikeeba at 10:41

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home