22 August 2008

ACCF Results - It's official: I Suck

Got my Alamo City Cerveza Fest scores back on August 20. The ACCF was Saturday, August 16. The Kiwit (sour as hell) scored 24 points. Everyone agreed I had sanitation issues. They did praise me for the orange flavor, though! (I didn't call it a Kiwi wit, just a wit.)

Brown ale scored a 13. I didn't even read the sheets. I knew it sucked.

The smoke APA, you ask?

16 points. Both judges said it was phenolic and astringent. I thought it tasted like band aids. I passed the beer around and not one other person said they could taste it. Now I have proof that I was right. Although it is a Pyrrhic victory.

I am actually surprised the Kiwit did as well as it did. I was expecting 15s all around, and a Fifty dollar bill to stop brewing and take up another hobby.

The shirt is cool, though. Should have just bought that. . .

I expect similar scores from the Cactus Challenge in Lubbock for the Smoked APA. I didn't send the others, though in retrospect, I should have sent the wit.

Labels:


posted by hiikeeba at 06:15

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home