12 July 2006

SABMiller to purchase Sparks Energy Beer

Hoping to get into the energy beer market, popular with younger drinkers at clubs, SABMiller announced it would the Sparks and Steel reserve brands from McKenzie River Corp. for $215 million.

Sparks is a caffeinated alcohol malt beverage flavored with ginseng, guarana and taurine and has a citric taste. Steel Reserve is a lager beer. Last year, 270,000 barrels of Sparks were sold.

Sparks and Steel Reserve are already brewed by Miller under an agreement with McKenzie River.


posted by hiikeeba at 07:28

2 Comments:

Blogger Gina said...

Kinda off target, but I am looking for bottle caps that have not been attatched to the bottle...have you any Idea where I can find these? I would like specifically beer, but will take what I can get! Thanks!

12:10 PM  
Blogger hiikeeba said...

Try American Breweriana Association. Their members (I'm one too.) collect everyhting!

3:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home