16 March 2006

Does anyone remember Celis White?

i know, I know, the Celis beers are being brewed the Michigan Brewing Company. But I can't get it as frequently as I was able to in the past. After blogging about AB's Spring Heat Spice Wheat, I was thirsty for a Belgian Wit, or White Beer.

Early yesterday morning, I went onto the Austin Homebrew Supply website and ordered their kit. Why would I go to all the trouble to formulate a recipe when a perfectly serviceable kit sits right there? So, hopefully this weekend, I'll be brewing and will have something new to report!


posted by hiikeeba at 07:02

5 Comments:

Blogger Ben, aka BadBen said...

Sam Adams has a decent Wit out, right now. I was skeptical until I tried it. Not bad.

11:06 AM  
Blogger hiikeeba said...

Unfortunately, I can't get that in my little town, either.

1:18 PM  
Blogger Thomas said...

I actually have a case box a buddy in Austin found one day.

While I liked their White I always prefered the Abbey Ale they made. I thought I had read they were back in production in Austin, that the family had bought the brewery back. Any truth to it?

12:21 PM  
Blogger Thomas said...

I actually have a case box a buddy in Austin found one day.

While I liked their White I always prefered the Abbey Ale they made. I thought I had read they were back in production in Austin, that the family had bought the brewery back. Any truth to it?

12:22 PM  
Blogger hiikeeba said...

Actually, the last I read, Pierre Celis had returned to Belgium and was working for Hoegarden again. The Celis recipes were purchased by the Michigan Brewing Company.

1:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home