12 September 2011

I Heart Tonya Cornett

Ever since I heard Tonya Cornett, brewmaster at Bend Brewing Company in Oregon and Brewmaster of the Year in 2008, on The Brewing Network a few years ago, I have been a fan. She gave a recipe for a red ale on the show that I have brewed  a couple of times. A visit to Bend Brewing has been on my bucket list for a while.  (Thanks to NHC being in Seattle next year, that will be one to check off!)

The Wall Street Journal recently ran an article about her attempt to make a "Girly beer," something pink and fruity.  The result is Ching Ching, a beer made with hibiscus and pomegranate and fermented with lacto. It also mentions a stout inspired by a blood orange, and her experiments with moles and peppers.

So is it too early to start wishing it was June?

posted by hiikeeba at 08:21

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home