08 December 2009

Deschutes Mirror Pond Pale Ale

Appearance (0-3): Pours up and amber/gold with a dense off-white head that lingers and lingers. A bit cloudy, though. 2 points
Aroma/Bouquet (o-4): Malty, bready aroma, but no hops detected. I know it's dry hopped. Shouldn't the hops come through more? 3 points
Taste: Hop/Malt Balance (0-4): Starts off with a nice citrus hop bitterness at the front, and finishes with the biscuity malt flavors. Very nice. 4 points
Aftertaste (0-3): Finishes with an astringent bitterness at the back of the throat, tea-like. 2 points
Mouthfeel (0-3): Medium bodied with light carbonation. Perfect. 3 points
Overall Impression (0-3): Very Bristish pale ale. I was expecting something more west coast--a bit more hop flavor and aroma. Still extremely drinkable and a fine beer. 2 points
16 points

Don't get me wrong. I like this beer a lot. The day I reviewed this I was looking for a DIPA. When I decided to brew an IPA, I chose the clone recipe of this beer.

Labels:


posted by hiikeeba at 10:43

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home