22 August 2009

Saison Ete Tasting Notes

I am reevaluating my earlier impression of this beer. Originally, I thought it too sweet. I reluctantly bottled 18 bottles and a growler that I gave to Satan to enter in the Basin Brewers Belgian Brew Off. (In the interest of honesty, I designed and maintain their website in lieu of annual dues.) I also sent this in to Alamo City Cerveza Fest. I didn't hold out much hope, because I originally thought this was too sweet. The other day, after finishing off the smoked wheat and Old Archaic kegs, I tapped this keg.

It is not sweet. It is dry, but the orange peel adds a sweetness that disguises it. The spices are subtle to nonexistent. The carbonation is low, but I really like this beer. Thanks to Drew Beechum for publishing the recipe in Zymurgy last year.

The plan now is to submit this to the More Beer Forum contest, the BN Army Forum Contest and to Dixie Cup.

Labels:


posted by hiikeeba at 07:17

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home