18 July 2007

My first Swag!

At the National Homebrewers Conference, I got a small sample glass that was used all weekend long. I spotted someone wearing a Can Neck from the fine folks over at BeerNeck.com. Since I was planning to go again next year, I figured I oughtta look into getting me one of those.

I ordered a can neck and a can holder on a belt clip, called a Hipster. Why did I buy that? I don't know. I just did.

A few days ago, I received my order. And then some.

Inside the USPS Priority envelope was far more than I ordered! A hand-written note on the invoice said, "I'm hooking you up with some of our other products -- please let me know your feedback. --CS" and a card from Curt Silbert, Chief Brain of Motivational Creations.

Cool! My first swag bag.

First, the Beer Neck. If Curt is the inventor, then he deserves a Nobel Prize. It seems so simple: put a neoprene longneck bottle holder on a lanyard. To quote a familiar ad campaign: "Brilliant!"

It even has a clip to put your ID card on it. That oughta make you Da Man at the office.

Next, the Can Neck. To quote Maxwell Smart, "It was this close!" There are two straps that close behind the neck with velcro. It's a little irritating on my neck. The two straps are about two inches shorter than the lanyard on the Beer Neck. I'm fat. Any can I put in that and let hang will be tilted at a 45° angle, spilling onto my massive belly. If only the Beer Neck Lanyard was on this! I could have worn my NHC badge on the lanyard, and carried my sample glass!

Also included was a Growler Tote. We're are talking Presidential Medal of Freedom here! If your local brewpub is more than twenty minutes away, and you buy growlers, you need this. Stop what you're doing, follow this link, and give Curt your plastic.

My local brewpub, Fredericksburg Brewing Company, sells growlers with the little rings to hold the growler. You know. The standard. Walking more than a couple of blocks hurts the fingers. Put the growler in this, and I could walk. . .well. . .another two blocks to my car. Have I mentioned I'm fat? I couldn't walk home. But if I could, I would use this!

Curt also included another bottle tool. This is an indispensable tool for any beer geek. You can open and reseal bottles with it. I think Sainthood is in order her. I will be interested to see how long the plastic will last. I have a 10 year-old Lone Star opener on my key ring now. It replaced my twelve year old opener than broke in mid-cap removal.

So, go to Curt's site, and buy his stuff. You won't be sorry!

Labels:


posted by hiikeeba at 17:09

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home