14 December 2006

Fredericksburg Brewing Company's Hoppy Holidays

My cousin stopped by for a visit the other day and we spent a couple of hours at the Fredericksburg Brewing Company. I had picked up a growler of Bock the other day and mentioned it to him, and he had to come. He loves their Bock. I picked up their Hoppy Holidays, made with Simcoe, Chinook and Cascade hops. It's an amber colored brew. The bartender didn't give us much of a head, so it was hard to judge that. Hop aroma dominated the smell, with a slight sweet smell of malt. According to the info at the bar, Hoppy Holidays is 8.2% aclohol. But the alcohol flavor doesn't overpower the malt and hops. The hops dominated the flavor, but I thought it was nicely balanced. I give it 8 out of 10, only because I was hoping for a more spiced beer.

Labels:


posted by hiikeeba at 09:31

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home