10 October 2006

Shiner 97 at Oktoberfest

I sampled a 6 pack of Shiner 97 Bohemian Black Lager a week or so ago. I thought it was a pretty beer, pouring up black with some ruby highlights, with a nice thick tan head. The smell was dominated by the roasted malt. It had a smooth taste with a coffee finish. It's a good beer. Nothing to get too excited about, but a good beer.

Over the past weekend, I attended Oktoberfest in Fredericksburg, and drank a few cups on tap. To me, all beer tastes better on tap, and so it was with Shiner 97. The appearance hadn't changed, but the flavor was a bit smoother, with less of a coffee finish than in the bottle. Again, I like it, but it's not my favorite Shine product. Instead I drank Summer Stock all weekend.


posted by hiikeeba at 17:27

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home